Friday, October 4, 2013

Here's The Scoop By Hannah

     Today is October 4, 2013. It has been a great week. I did a awesome job on my states test. I will continue working on my states. The one thing I find difficult when learning about states is that I am learning the states a different way then last year.

     In Math we have been working on Place Value. I think Place Value is just decimals and numbers. We worked on ITunes U with Ms. Ellis in Math. I really rock it. The most interesting thing working with ITunes U is the fun work we do.

   We started a new novel called Shiloh. It's about Marty meeting a dog the he named Shiloh, Shiloh owner named Judd scolds him for no reasons a all. The one thing that I like about this novel is that Marty meets Shiloh for the first time. The one thing I did not like about this novel is that Judd scolds Shiloh. One character trait that describes the main character Marty is he is kind, because he takes care of Shiloh.

     October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Three important facts about it one is women who carry the BRCA1 and BRCA1 mutated genes, have 80% risk of developing Breast Cancer. Anther fat about it is Nearly 200,000 Americans are diagnosed with Breast Cancer annually. Yet according to the center for Disease Control and Prevention there are roughly 2.5 million Breast Cancer survivors in the U.S. The last fact is that men have a 1 out of 1,000 chance of developing Breast Cancer, about 100 less likely then women. It is most common in men ages 60 to 70. The American Cancer Society Predicts 2,190 new cases in 2012. Grades come out in a couple of weeks. I'm sure I have wonderful job on my grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment